In a chilling case report, doctors in Turkey have described what they claim to be a real-life vampire with multiple personalities and an addiction to drinking blood.
The 23-year-old married man apparently started out slicing his own arms, chest and belly with razor blades, letting the blood drip into a cup so he could drink it. But when he experienced compulsions to drink blood “as urgent as breathing,” he started turning to other sources, the doctors said.
The man, whose name and hometown were not revealed in the report, was arrested several times after stabbing and biting others to collect and drink their blood. He apparently even got his father to get him bags of the ghastly drink from blood banks, according to the report released today (Feb. 8) by the Journal of Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. The case study was published last fall.
The doctors said they found traumatic events in the man’s life leading up to his two-year bloodsucking phase. His 4-month-old daughter became ill and died; he witnessed the murder of his uncle; and he saw another violent killing in which “one of his friends cut off the victim’s head and penis,” the researchers write in the journal article. [The 9 Most Bizarre Medical Conditions]
The man had been seen talking to himself, and he claimed to be tormented by an “imaginary companion” who forced him to carry out violent acts and attempt suicide. He also had memory gaps in his daily life and reported instances of being in a new place without any idea of how he got there.
“Possibly due to ‘switching’ to another personality state, he was losing track during the ‘bloody’ events, did not care who the victim was anymore, and remained amnesic to this part of his act,” the report said.
The doctors, led by Direnc Sakarya, of Denizli Military Hospital in southwestern Turkey, ultimately diagnosed the man with dissociative identity disorder (DID), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), chronic depression and alcohol abuse. To their knowledge, the man is the first patient with “vampirism” and DID.
Read More: Here
- When Patients Rise From the Dead
- Marijuana Demystified: 5 Health Myths Debunked
- The Mysterious Origin of The Jade Discs
- Americans Only Take Half of Their Paid Vacation
- Fighting E. Coli Outbreaks With Cinnamon
- Sun’s Activity Influences Natural Climate Change!
- 50 Ancient Greek Inventions Brought to Life
- Sexuality – The Missing Coordinates
- Is the Heart an Intelligent Electromagnetic Field Generator?
- Ebola and the Absent Western “Humanitarians”
- 3 Health Benefits of Bourbon
- Top 10 US Cities Running Out of Water
- Stuart Wilde & Richard Tyler – Hands of Service
- Ancient Mayan Cities Discovered in Campeche, Mexico