Call it the sinkhole tumble heard around the Web.
A teenage girl in north China was walking down the sidewalk while talking on her cellphone, when she fell — suddenly, and without warning — into a sinkhole 20-feet deep.
The fall was captured by security cameras stationed near the sinkhole, and video of the girl falling through the sidewalk has been making its way around the Internet.
Academic studies have shown that pedestrians are less aware of their environment and more prone to engaging in unsafe behaviors when they are talking on a cellphone, but we are wondering why there were no orange cones or yellow security tape blocking off the area around the sinkhole.
The good news:the girl was OK, even if she was shaken up.
Wang Wei, a taxi driver who saw the girl fall, jumped out of his cab to climb into the pit to help the girl.
He told the Telegraph that when he first called out to the girl she didn’t respond, but after he shook her a bit she came to.
He also said she was shaking and couldn’t stop crying.
We’re glad the girl is physically OK, but we can imagine her ego has taken a bruising.
- Rare Quakes, Protons Spike, Flood Alert
- I’m a Conservative GOP Mom Who Buys Weed for her 12-Year-Old Son
- Yoga Helps War Veterans With PSTD
- The Mystical Treasures of ‘The Golden Cave’
- Sound The Bugle Now
- Ehrr? – Chinese Government Says Dalai Lama Must Reincarnate
- 10 Mysterious Photos
- Tales From The Morph V
- Soldier – Secure Your Perimeters
- Does this Video Contain The Best Evidence For Chemtrails?
- M Class Flare, Earthquake Factors Rising
- Vangelis Speaks His Mind: Love, Music and Beauty